The next Toowoomba Photographic Society Field Day is being held in conjunction with the Toowoomba Field Naturalist Club on Sunday, 13th August 2017. On this field day we will visit two properties in the Kingsthorpe District. The sites provide plenty of photographic opportunities – rural scenery, birdlife, native vegetation and aboriginal scar trees to name a few.
The Field Day locations can be seen in the accompanying map – click on thumbnail for a larger image.
The agenda for the day is:
9:45am – Meet at the St Joseph College southern car park off Crown Road, Toowoomba
10:00am – Departure
10:30am – Nikki & Glen Laws’ property (3 km north of the intersection of North St, Kingsthorpe with the Kingsthorpe-Haden Road – opposite the Wedgetail Winery).
1:00pm – Lunch at the Pioneer Arms Hotel, Goombungee Hotel ($15 counter lunch)
2:30pm – Evan & Russell Ehrlich’s property (on the Oakey-Meringandan Road, 600m east of the intersection of the Kingsthorpe-Haden and Oakey-Meringandan Roads)
5:00pm – Finish and return to Toowoomba
Please bring the following (along with your camera gear of course):
- closed in shoes
- cups (there will be a campfire billy boiling)
- $15 for your counter lunch at the Meringandan Hotel
We will be travelling to the Laws property via Gowrie Junction (to avoid the Zims Corner turn-off to Kingsthorpe). The directions are given below:
- follow Bridge St west until the Gowrie Junction Road (turn north)
- At the Gowrie Junction roundabout turn left into Gowrie-Tilgonda Road
- After 740m turn right into Gowrie-Lilyvale Road
- Take the Gowrie-Lilyval road for 1.1km, then turn left into Gowrie-Glencoe Road
- Follow Gowrie-Glencoe Road until the T junction where you turn left and continue on the Gowrie-Glencoe Road
- Follow this road into Kingsthorpe and turn right into North St and follow it until it meets the Kingsthorpe-Haden Road
- Turn right on the Kingsthorpe-Haden Road and travel 3km to the entrance of the Laws property (on the left)
More detail will be provided at the TPS Club Night on Tuesday, 8th August 2017.