The entries for our August 2019 competition are due by midnight 16th July 2019 (we have extended the usual entry date this month due to the change over of the website). This is the first month of our 2020 Aggregate Competition year.
From this month the new TPS website is in operation. To upload your entries log into the TPS MyPhotoClub website at www.tpsinc.org.au. The upload steps are:
- Click on the Members button at the right of the home page (you can always return to the Home Page by clicking on the TPS logo at the top left of the screen)
- Click on the Competitions button that appears
- Select the 2020 button at the right of the screen
- Click on the upload icon in the 2020 August tile – all other competitions for the year appear here also. This will open the Upload page where you should click on the white upload area at right to add an image file
- Once the file is uploaded select the correct section for your entry below the selected image
- Then click on the green Submit Your Entry button to complete the upload.
Prints should be lodged with Murray’s Art & Framing, 485 Ruthven St by Midday Tuesday 16th July 2019.
The set subject for the August competition is Pets. The guideline for this set subject is:
A pet is an animal kept primarily for a person’s company, entertainment, or as an act of compassion such as taking in and protecting a hungry stray cat, rather than as a working animal, livestock or laboratory animal. Two of the most popular pets are dogs and cats. However, there are a range of other animals which are also kept as pets – rodents, birds, reptiles, fish, frogs and arthropods (insects, spiders and hermit crabs for example). Ideally for this set subject there should be evidence of human companionship.
This, together with the Open & Field Day categories, should provide a challenge! Note that there is a limit of 3 images in total per member per month.
Note the Maximum Image size that can be uploaded is 2000 pixels on the longest side, and a file size of 2000 kilobytes. If your images do not meet these specifications they cannot be uploaded. Name your files with the title of the image and please ensure you select the correct section for your uploaded images.